Thursday, November 01, 2012

A memory....

I commented on another blog earlier the following.....

I remember walking with my dad every Halloween. The costumes came in a box and they tied in the back, the mask was plastic held by an elastic band. I think I was Barbie a few times.
.........
I remember dad checking my candy and "keeping" a few pieces to "look over." Ha! One lady on our street gave raisins-dad just threw those out-Understanding why they weren't going to be eaten. Another gave out Little Debbie Star Crunch-which I have no doubt started a lifelong addiction.
Another little lady (mom and dad bought the desk I still use today from her) gave little toys...little puzzles, etc. you wanted to go to her house first because along with the toy she gave full size Hershey bars.
.........
I remember the times I took Tori and Sam out. Painting faces, holding pumpkins when they grew tired. I cherish those times with my little princess and Power Ranger.

1 comment:

A Candle to Read By said...

Star Crunches! Now I am going to have to go to the store. THose are the best things. Yes, Daddy liked to "check" my candy, too.