I'm glad the election is over.
I know God is in control...as a friend once beautifully said....nothing happens that doesn't filter through His fingertips. He is not surprised.
If your candidate did not win the White House, the Mayor's office, the Alderman's seat, or if the referendum didn't pass....don't speak with venom or bitterness. Pray for those in leadership, pray as things cross their desk that our eyes never see. Pray they seek God before they sign their name or vote on laws.
....................................................
I can tell you by nature I am a news junkie. I so enjoy the news but I won't watch anything except weather for awhile because quite frankly how many times can something be rehashed? People will talk of moving forward but will be stuck on the streets of shoulda, coulda, woulda.
Lets get help to New Jersey and New York. We help so many other countries. If we can get jets and supplies across the ocean to a country we can't pronounce, we surely can get help to neighborhoods where children play, flowers are planted, neighbors walk, and church bells ring. In my opinion this is where our focus needs to be. Let's take care of our own.
2 comments:
I told my son that not all accounts are settled at the end of election day. By that I mean, sometimes it seems that the wicked prosper, but God is in control, and He will act when it is His will. I am very disappointed but not surprised. I am a news junkie too, but I think I will take a bit of a break for a while.
I'm not surprised either.
I'm so warmed to know we serve a Living God who loves us much.
Post a Comment