Tuesday, November 13, 2012

I wish...I pray....


If you are a woman you just have to say "I am cramping" or "I was in labor 23 hours." And you will find that most women will relate. And in case of the former all pain relievers will appear out of no where.

If you are a parent you just have to say "he has colic" or "he's two" or "she is a teenager" or "she got her license today." And you will receive all kinds of nods and murmurs of understanding. You will receive a lot of advice.

But right now I wish I had someone to understand....mom has emptied her sock drawer again, she has some stomach problems tonight and I had to clean the bathroom and wash some clothes and it is 1:30 a.m. And getting her back to bed much less asleep may be a miracle. I know I'm not the only one in this boat..but it sure is lonely at the moment.

God,I pray, I need you so badly. I'm tired. I'm discouraged. I often wonder if you see..I know you do. I don't understand this disease and its purpose. Thank you for not leaving me Lord, especially in the middle of the night at the washing machine and my weak stomach and strong doubts. Thank you for loving me, thank you for the Cross.

1 comment:

A Candle to Read By said...

Down the road you will look at this time in your life and rather than remember the heavy weight you're carrying, you'll remember the sweetness of your fellowship with Him.