Friday, November 30, 2012

No longer a teen....Happy Birthday Tori!

December 1, 1992. A tiny little girl was born. Victoria Ann Mills. Tori.

Tori, every birthday is precious. A gift. But you are turning 20. No longer a teenager. To me this is a huge milestone birthday. My baby girl is growing up. Has grown up.

You were little, but did everything early. Born with spunk and tons of confidence. Never afraid to try anything new. And that hasn't changed.

I pray for you. I pray for the choices and the decisions you make. I pray you will grow a discerning spirit. I want you to know how valuable - how important you are. I want you to know your kisses are valuable. God has someone for you. Don't rush! Wait!

To me you are that little blonde girl who would sit on top of the cabinet and help me make "fluffins" (muffins) and pick out the chocolate chips from the batter. Your little husky voice reading with me Ten Apples on Top and Go Dog Go. Now you show no interest in cooking and you go to college.

I remember when you asked Jesus into your life. We were sitting in the couch in our little rental house and I had the privilege of being the one you talked to and asked questions.

Oh, how we've fussed. And we will still disagree on things...ok a lot of things. But you always have loved your momma. Going to work with me. In tough times, me you and Sam talking through the night. You help me with mema.

You are very matter of fact and blunt. There is no secret on where you stand. There are times I wonder how in the world you make it through the day...then I stand in awe of accomplishments. You are not afraid of hard work.

I encourage you to be kind. To love all. To forgive. To value family and friends.

I encourage you to cling to God. He loves you more than I do. Pray before decisions.
Cherish The Cross and what it stands for.

I am so proud of you. I love you so much.
You will always be my baby girl. Happy Happy 20th birthday.

No comments: