A few weeks ago, I decided to put up some of mom’s shirts and blouses. She wore them over and over. She has this closet full of clothes – but continued to wear the same thing over and over. It literally was driving me nuts.
Shame on me! I totally messed up.
I realized yesterday, like her sweater and her purse, those little blouses somehow help her feel safe and secure.
After she was in a deep sleep, I snuck into her room and hung about 5 blouses up in random places. I have you know this morning; she put on her very favorite striped top. She was so happy.
I learned a valuable lesson. I have never been one to put stock into clothes and such. I am a simple gal. But for some reason it was bothering me that mom wore the same thing all the time. I was thinking “What would people think?” I allowed my pride to get the best of me. As long as mom is clean, healthy and happy – who cares what she is wearing? If it makes her feel good – then I feel good.
God, please forgive me for my selfish pride. Forgive me for not considering mom’s feelings and what she would like. Thank you for the blessing of having Martha Horn as my mother. Thank you for the opportunity for mom to be my ministry. Thank you for renewed energy and Your provision each day.
1 comment:
God bless you both.
Post a Comment