Saturday, November 03, 2012

This whole not sleeping thing......

I slept through the night on Thursday. A rare occurance for me. It is 5:00 am and I've been wide awake almost three hours.

Pre Alzheimer mom I would just get up and clean, iron, etc. Now I'm afraid to make too much noise. But I did get up for a bit and started a load of clothes, put some chicken in the crockpot for a casserole and a small roast in another for sandwiches for the weekend. I intend for these two "meals" to be my only cooking besides weekend breakfast. They should last. My hubby is a picky eater. Meat and potatoes kind a guy. He doesn't like soups and casseroles. Nothing! Makes it hard. So I have this idea in my head to cook a couple of different things on the weekend for us to eat on. We shall see. I hope it doesn't make me feel like I'm running a dinner. Ha. But I so enjoy casseroles and soups!

When I wake up - I wake up completely. My eyes pop open and my mind starts turning.

As I'm writing .... I am thinking I should use this time in prayer and in His word. I bet I would have better days. Not perfect days...just days with peace and joy that comes only from God.

I do need to prioritize and put things into perspective. To not make a big deal over the small stuff.

Well I'm going to try to snooze for a bit....




3 comments:

A Candle to Read By said...

Do you use a crock pot often? They work so well with roast, chicken and potatoes. I love to put a bag of chicken breasts in the pot in the morning with 2 cans of Campbell's Cream of Chicken and Mushroom soup and lots of pepper.

B.R.M said...

I call myself the crockpot queen! I often have two in use!

I so appreciate my crockpots!

A Candle to Read By said...

YAY! Me, too, and I have thought about purchasing a 3rd.