HALLOWEEN FUN
First of all, one fall festival and trick or treating, and not one single Three Musketeer Bar! What is up with that? I guess I will survive..though barely..I will be strong.
We went trick or treating with my friend D.C. and her daughter in their neighborhood (since we don't even have a neighborhood, a bean field yes, neighborhood no). Even my 13 year old painted her face up like a cat-she was going to walk the smaller ones to the door. Though at first I wasn't going to let her trick or treat, because she will soon be 14, and I told her if you are almost a year away from getting your driver's permit, then you are too old to trick or treat. Well, D.C. turned traitor and said I should let her, and she just so happened to have an extra Halloween pail. Anyway all three kids had fun. Her daughter wanted to rush home to give out candy, how sweet is that! She was miserable the last few houses, thinking that she would not give any candy away.
One house had a guy standing out in the driveway holding what looked like a gun...I called it an Uzi, we wouldn't let our kids go up his drive. And we weren't subtle about it either (not that I am the subtle type anyway, just say what you need to say). Now, I am sure it wasn't a real gun, (but hey I live in the country in an area where men breathe hunting and fishing, so you never know), but we weren't taking chances.
Today I am taking my son to the doctor, he has an earache and a sore throat. I want to keep up with the tradition we started many years ago. Every holiday in addition to treats, gifts, parties, we also received Augmentin and Tylenol.
And I still want a Three Musketeer Bar..I like to eat the outside chocolate off first, then the middle. And I like a glass of milk with it.
I will survive..afterall I survived Uzi guy last night.
Thanks to D.C. and her sweet daughter. We had such a good time. It is a blessing to know you.
1 comment:
Becky -
Well you know me - a dollar short and a week later. We are so happy you shared Halloween with us. The whole uzi incident is really kind of funny. We tried to do discreet, but the kids would not come back. The gun man probably heard "You don't get candy from a man with a gun!" Come back anytime. It is I who am blessed to know you.
Love ya,
DC
Post a Comment