Obviously I wore the wrong shirt yesterday........
A.P. a coworker bought me a sweatshirt a couple of months ago. I did not think anything about it, until yesterday.
It is an LSU shirt. Now for those of you who do not know me that well...I could care less about sports, teams, who wins and who loses. Unless of course my children are playing or cheering then I care. But hey, I saw the shirt in my closet yesterday and decided to wear it. You would think I committed a crime.
A staunch Tennessee Vol fan in our office saw the shirt and went into a tirade about how LSU kept TN out of the bowl game 5 or 6 years ago, geesh, talk about being bitter and unforgiving. Then said fan - said his inlaws (wife's parents) are huge LSU fans. They had purchased his daughter an LSU cheerleader outfit and a huge LSU stuffed tiger. And to add insult to injury, his wife will cheer LSU on. I ALMOST apologized for ruining his day.
A couple of others shook their head in disgust at my shirt.
You see I wore the shirt because it was cold and the shirt was warm. And it was new, still had the tags on it - I very rarely have a new shirt with actual tags.
But I think I will reserve the shirt for weekend wear. That way I can just get mobbed and beat up at Walmart. Or I can be like Bill Cosby was on The Cosby Show and just wear different school shirts/sweaters all the time.
1 comment:
I have a Kansas Jayhawk sweatshirt (b/c I love the MASCOT, not necessarily the team, even though I was born in Ks) and I wear it. When people around here (Mizzou is 30 minutes away) tell me "You know, there is absolution." I reply with "And all of you Mizzou fans are thankful there is. There's hope for you yet."
Post a Comment