CAN MEN AND WOMEN BE FRIENDS.....
I know, I know. I am revisiting one my favorite topics .....AGAIN . And it is safe to say it is a much discussed topic, well, in my life anyway.
I have written before that I feel as if I am stuck in the middle of "When Harry met Sally." I am trying to decide what part I am in right now - so let's just say I am the middle.
Can men and women truly be friends? I think so. No, scratch that, I know so.
If both are single, is there a chance for them to become a couple? Who better to hook up with, than your best friend?
I so love my special friend to death. Cannot imagine my weeks without talking to him. Our relationship is beyond explanation. We have never been single and free at the same time. Is this God protecting us? Protecting our friendship?
He is so funny. He says it is easy to make me laugh. (I don't know if that is good or bad) We both have a sarcastic/dry/quick wit - that won't offend the other.
We both know the other is not perfect - but love each other anyway flaws and all. We can tell each other anything. I am impressed that he can remember I like creamy peanut butter instead of crunchy. He thinks I ought to let my hair grow out - where as I want to get it cut. I think he is too hard on himself - and needs to treat himself to something new. And he needs to let go of bitterness and anger. And of course he knows my other feelings on different matters - so let's just not rehash.
There is definitely an upside to having a friend of the opposite sex. You get the perspective of the other side - ask advice-the questions you could only ask a friend. He is very patient with all my questions and such.
I know this is all old stuff - especially if you have read my previous posts or even talked to me - but it is on my mind today. My friend is on my mind today - I hope all is okay.
No comments:
Post a Comment