My son the army sniper....
This is "career week" for my son's school. The kids drew pictures of what they want to be when the grow up. My son wants to be an army sniper. He drew his picture - I tried encouraging him not to draw a huge gun or whatever it is they use. He compromised he drew a medium size gun.
I have this fear, the school will call me, and the conversation will go like this, "Mam, we noticed your son's picture, and the gun really stands out. Does your son have issues or unresolved anger? Do you have weapons at home mam?" (for the record, no we don't and never have!)
Then they will recommend therapy for all of us.
Just so you know my son loves anything World War II. He loves the History Channel. There is nothing he can't tell you about WWII. Now he is filing away facts on the Korean and Vietnam wars. He loves playing with army men. Trust me, I step on them all the time.
It also would not surprise me if he joined the military once he is older. (keeping in mind he is only 8 years old and a lot can happen!) I used to worry about it, well obsess about it. But I remember when he was two or three, and he was very hard to manage he was busy, hyperactive, and rough. And an older day care worker, told me "don't worry, little boys like yours', are the police officers, fire fighters and soldiers of tomorrow."
(I am figuring if I get past today without a phone call from the school, then I am in good shape - today was DRESS like your chosen career..no he did not take a weapon but he did take a fake radio tucked into his side pocket, flashlight in his back pack and he dressed in camouflage. Also, I realized we misspelled soldier on his paper and that is driving me insane knowing that paper is hanging in the hallway with a misspelled word.)
1 comment:
The Army Sniper isn't so bad. My sister is convinced my 13 year old son will someday decide to be a hairdresser.
Post a Comment