Friday, November 24, 2006

CONFESSION

I will confess to you today there are times when I want to stay busy so I don't think or feel. I don't want my mind to wander in directions that will cause pain.

Case in point...Yesterday...Thanksgiving. I wanted to make sure I was busy all day. And I was. At first the day was meant to be as an escape from my emotions but it ended up being a real good day. It was fun. Just an awesome day.

I also know the importance of "down time" and resting - but right now I am not one of those people who need to have a lot of down time. I don't want to think. And I certainly don't want to feel.

So to my newest friend, "The Other Becky", I understand so much of what you are going through. Hang on!

And to Precious - I feel your pain - I have been there - Easter is hard for me - because that is when things fell apart for me. Easter 1999. (I should say it started on Valentine's Day - but the proverbial straw broke that Easter) And now I might forgive you for not calling and wishing me Happy Thanksgiving - mind you I said might! Yes, I know, love you too Precious!

No comments: