I just don't get it.....
The series of "Tammy" movies from the 50's/60's - is one of my favorites (yes, I know, and I love the Gidget movies and Frankie & Annette movies too).
In one of the movies, Tammy fusses at someone by saying "You talk so poor, when you have so much."
Now we all are guilty of this. (I know I am) I have a roof over my head, my kids are healthy, I have family and friends, a strong church family, a job I love, and I could keep going. And I am so guilty of whining.
But I just don't get it...
Married couples. I hear more couples complain about each other. And see and hear how they hurt each other. And I ask....Why?
You have so much.
You have each other. There is someone at home each night, for you. Someone to cuddle with, to talk with, to work side by side with. Do you not see it? You have what so many of us single folk want. Please don't take it for granted.
I know that marriage is hard, I know of the daily struggles couples face. And I readily admit I was not the best wife - and I hope that I have learned from my mistakes.
But here are some of my suggestions...based on my limited experience.
1) Take the TV out of the bedroom. Couples tend to "divide" one will stay in the living room to watch TV - and the other will go to the bedroom. This room - should be your room.
2) Date. Yes date. No it doesn't have to 5-star restaurant. It can be a picnic and a walk. And ladies..shopping is not dating.
3) Talk - talk-talk. Talk to each other. Communicate. Be honest. Share your dreams, your fears, your thoughts, and plans.
4) Once an argument is over - let it go. Don't bring it up again.
5) Forgiveness. You have to forgive and you have to ask for forgiveness.
6) Don't give up!
7)Remember why you married. Why you are in love with your spouse. Sure he or she doesn't look like a 20-year old anymore-but this is person you married-you didn't marry looks. And not everyone one is model perfect.
Please appreciate your marriage. Appreciate your spouse.
No comments:
Post a Comment