Sunday ramblings....I am craving Ben & Jerry's New York Style Chunky Fudge. That is my absolute favorite ice cream. I have other favorites - but that is at the top of my list. It can be found at different places in my living and working area - and I can just about name every one. My daughter is following in my footsteps - though she likes their Cookie Dough Ice Cream. There are times Ben & Jerry are the only two "human" men you can count on. Notice I did not say all the time or most of the time, just every now and then. (so don't think I'm a man hater!)
My kids have been gone since Friday. Friday night I did some grocery shopping and came home and read. Saturday was busy - went for walk, cleaned carpet (whoo hoo), then my friend J.H. came over - she spent the night - and we went to our singles group Thanksgiving dinner - that was fun. We talked a lot in the car to and from, on the way home we stopped at Walmart and just looked around and smelled every perfume and cologne known to man. Then came home and talked some more. I have mentioned it several times, but I love my friends, it really is a blessing to have such good friends. (She gave me an "I Love Lucy" 2 year calendar, that's cool. She like my other friends, know I really enjoy Lucy-I am thinking I am a lot like Lucy - always getting into trouble!) This morning, we went to church, and we had in my opinion one of the sweetest services we have ever had. We had the Lord's Supper - but the whole service from beginning to end was very spirit filled. Tonight my children's choir sang two songs - they did an amazing job. I am very proud of them. Last week, I was kind of worried-because they just weren't singing - but tonight they did wonderful. (I have 2 children at home, but about 60-80 kids at church - they are all my babies!)
The rest of the week I will work, and I hope to go see a couple of movies while I am kidless. A couple of my single mom friends, they are not kidless at the same time I am this week. I think all the planets, the moon, and the stars have to be aligned just right for this to happen - because it's a rare treat for all of us to be kidless at the same time. Though D.C. and I may meet for a movie later in the evening on Thanksgiving or just hang out together. .
Now back on subject, Every now and then I like to go to movies where they don't have action figures at fast food chain, and toys on the shelves at every store. You know, Grown up movies -with "real" people. But at the same time, when you have kids, you have an excuse to go see an animated movie - and you can laugh right along with them and people won't think anything about it.
No comments:
Post a Comment