Tuesday, November 14, 2006
Pencils, laundry, craft paint and spelling words. I walk in the door from work today, the first words I hear before I could even get my keys out of the door "Mom, I couldn't do my homework, because none of the pencils were sharpened!" Now, my son is intelligent, you would think he would come up with a better one than that. However, I was more than happy to sharpen pencils for him and come up with extra work for him to do. The second set of words I hear as my daughter comes out of hibernation, also known as TV being turned off. "Mom, I promise I didn't see the laundry laying on your bed." I can't even explain this one. Third set, "Mom, I have to make this poster with using my name. With the letters, I have to use words that describe America. It is "like" due tomorrow. I found the craft paint, don't worry, I will clean it up." Needless to say, some paint hit the carpet (it washed right up) she asked me how to spell everyword (dictionary right above her head), and it is my fault she messed up the first poster. Fourth set of words, "Mom, it still does not make sense how you make me do my spelling words all the time, what are you trying to do to me?" Not to be left out, my mother says to me, "Don't eat any bread in the morning, we have half a loaf, and I want some toast for breakfast." Now you would think all of this was said over the space of a few hours. NOOOOOOOO. It was all said within the first thirty minutes of my arrival. I'm telling you, therapy, I need therapy. Or a vacation.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment