Thursday, November 16, 2006

ONE OF THE WORST THINGS ABOUT BEING DIVORCED...

One of the worst things about being divorced are the holidays and weekends. I say this because on most of the holidays, my kids are visiting their dad. I cannot tell you how lonely I already am during the holiday season, but without my kids, it is much worse.

Don't get me wrong, despite our differences and my feelings toward their dad, I firmly believe they should spend time with him. I always have. Somehow by mutual agreement, we are flexible in the scheduling and such. When he lived here locally, I had an "open door" policy, he could come over and see them anytime. I would leave and let him have that time. They need time with their dad - read all the studies about kids growing up without dads. So, please, please do not allow your bitterness and anger toward your "ex" keep your kids from spending time with him or her.

But with all that said, I am not dreading this next week. Though I need the break and will try to stay busy, I will miss them like crazy. Thursday will be hard. This Saturday I am going to our singles group Thanksgiving dinner - that will be fun.

I am hoping I get to see my friend on Thanksgiving day or night - that would make the day slightly more bearable.

No comments: