Monday, March 04, 2013

Today.....

Today has been tough.  I attempted to go into work - but left early. I just felt bad.  I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow.

I stopped at pharmacy to pick up some medicine for I think everyone in this family.  Geesh. 

I came home so wanting to rest....but poor mom.  And let me say now....Melecia has to be the most wonderful person ever!

Without trying to get gross or too personal....mom struggles with going potty.   And she eats plenty of fiber in her diet.  It is a huge issue in our lives.  A mom who hasn't gone potty  usually is a mean mom - well today she was sick mom and was miserable. She was crying.  Then she finally went potty....well that brought on another problem that required soaking bath and Preparation H.  She was still crying.  She was weak, could barely walk...much less stand.

I learned so much from Melecia today - she is just so darn good - she just handles it.  Oh, how I admire her.  Not one person could have done better.

Mom is feeling a little better, a little stronger - she finally ate some soup and a Mrs. Weaver's chicken salad sandwich.  She has finished two glasses of tea and one glass of water.  I am of the personal opinion - tea will cure anything.  Nothing like good 'ole southern sweet tea.  Whoo hoo!

I do know mom is getting worse - there is no doubt. But I have learned to watch this issue more closely - I want to try a daily dose of prune juice - not too sure she will drink it - but everything I read concerning the potty problem and prune juice - says a "shot" glass full is a miracle worker.  But getting her to drink it? That is another issue!

I am mad at myself for not being better...for not noticing these things.  I have to stay on top of it.

Please pray mom feels better....we see the same doctor - and they are seeing her right after me tomorrow.

And join with me praising and thanking God for Melecia. She is angel in scrubs! 

1 comment:

A Candle to Read By said...

Did you ever try the bran muffins? You can slip a bit of Baby food prunes in the recipe or try giving her those in another recipe.