Saturday, March 09, 2013

Saturday

I want to say I feel better.  But I do not.

Okay, well maybe I feel better compared to Wednesday, I still feel tough!  What the heck?  I still ache, though not as much and I am so cold - from the inside out.  I have no energy - I guess it is going to take time.

Mom slept real late today - she seems kind of sluggish and doesn't seem to have much of an appetite today.  Judy took her to the doctor yesterday - and her problem is all sinus related.  I have a strong feeling the time change is going to throw her for a loop - she has never done well in the past - well she did better last year - because she still lived in her own home - so I changed all her clocks two days early and it eased her into it - but I didn't do that this year.  Pray I don't regret it.

Sam had an overnight trip with FCF/Royal Rangers last night.  He was excited - he left right after school.  He normally only takes his cell phone to school on Football days - well he took it yesterday - sat on it funny, it turned on and it rang - who called is beyond me -  it was taken up =rightfully so and he has after school detention this week. Which really is punishment for me - trying to get there in time to pick him up.  I know rules are rules - and I respect them and I expect my  kids to respect them - I just wish they could have them - with them TURNED OFF.  It is hard tracking kids down at after school stuff and finding them in big buildings and such.  Especially when they are walking between fields, locker rooms, buildings and and the gym. But lesson learned for both of us. 

Tori works a funky shift she is not happy about tonight. 

Steve had a busy week at work - working at not too  hot properties.  I so worry.  It seems like I see on the news everyday a shooting at one of the many places he works.  Memphis is a city in desperate need of cleaning up.  I just don't know what we...what I can do?  The police department seems to be in trouble, in the outlying communities you have corrupt mayors, etc.   Speaking of which I cannot believe that the mayor of Southaven, MS is going to run for reelection.  Surely the citizens will have some common sense.  And then research Oakland, TN mayor. Well former mayor.   Oh my - please pray.  We need to pray for our local elected officials....we need Godly leaders at every level.  But back to Memphis, you have Bellvue, Hope Pres, The Life Church, COGIC is headquartered here - but the citizens don't seem receptive to The Word that is presented on every corner.  A vicious cycle of unwed mothers, absent fathers, violence, dropouts - and it is getting worse - not better.  They are constantly starting programs and ordering studies to see what can be done - but I don't see the results - what are the results?  Geesh! 

I am totally behind on housework - it needs a good disinfecting - but it will wait a few more days.  I have kept up kitchen and bathrooms - but it needs a good dusting, mopping, vacuuming. And I am so ready to tackle outside.  Our backyard needs serious work - and I have a few ideas in my head.

I am ready to answer emails for work and complete a few  projects. I have given myself a deadline of tomorrow to complete two...and I will do it.


1 comment:

A Candle to Read By said...

We have 5 traffic lights in our town, some crime, few jobs but a nice thrift store or two. Wish you could pick up and join us here.