Sunday, March 10, 2013

Sunday thoughts and musings....


We sprang forward - with mom sleeping late.  To 11:00.  She just does not feel good at all. But I think with her sleeping late - it has helped her adjust to the time change.  It is raining and has been a lazy day.  She ate her usual Rice Krispies and coffee.  She has a nasty sinus infection -I am pumping liquids into her big time.  She ate a good dinner just a bit ago. Earlier I gave her a bath - she sure didn't argue with me this time....but I was still wore out.  We use more towels. I so cheat.  I put on shampoo and conditioner at the same time...ha ha ha.  But she likes being lotioned, powdered and perfumed and  then we did hair. 

As I am typing this - I signed on mainly to give my brain a break - I am looking at her. She is worse than she was a month ago.  I don't know if "worse:" is the word - maybe different is the word.  I don't know if it is because she is sick and we still have some stomach issues going on.  Or are we entering yet another stage.  She is still mobile, sits up, controls her head, goes to the bathroom by herself...dresses herself (well sorta - you have to coach her)  I try to get her to do as many things by herself as she possibly can.  But she is not as verbal - and as I wrote a few days ago - cannot come up the names or words of things.  She gets upset if she can't remember her thoughts or what she was going to say.  I think about my dad.  How different things are than they were 11 years ago.  Oh, to turn back time and have the knowledge we do now.  I sure do miss him.  Having two parents with completely different forms of Alzheimer's/dementia has been and is heartbreaking. 

I have completed one work project, answered a few..okay a lot of  emails.  I received a couple of thank you emails from customers whom I helped - that always cheers me up - I am pleased when they are happy with customer service and product. I am going to work on my other project.  I started on it the old fashioned way...a legal pad. So far I have been able to read my own handwriting. And I have emails and other notes I have taken.  This is a policy and procedure manual.  Hopefully it will help us be better. 

Tori survived working 9:00 PM  last night to 7:00 AM this morning - she was supposed to get off at 5:00 but a couple of people were running late.  She was tired and dragging today.  The will have to work that shift once every week.  I so appreciate all McDonalds has done for her - but who eats fries at 3:00 am?  Oh, well - part of life I guess. And if she goes into law enforcement - she will probably be one of those buying fries at 3:00 a.m.

We received past due child support - you have no idea how this will help.   It is needed.  God is so good.  Why am I continually blown away by His provision?  Their dad is starting to do right - and hopefully he will continue.  Patience and perseverance has paid off.  it may take awhile for the state to release it. Six months. Lets pray not!

I am still sick.  I can't hold much down. So far I am keeping some homemade potato soup down.  I ate it about an hour and a half ago.  Only thing I have eaten today.  I have some in a bowl for lunch tomorrow.  I am weak and tire so easy.  I just don't understand why I don't feel better.  Please pray!  I am going to work tomorrow. 

Back to work for me.  Emails and project #2 are calling. 

2 comments:

A Candle to Read By said...

This is probably one you don't want to publish: you have been through major surgery at a time when your resistance was way down from chronic exhaustion. You went back to work unbelievably fast. You really haven't stopped taking care of your Mom. This has surely delayed your ability to feel better. I know it is what you have to do, but you are pushing yourself so hard. Years ago, I had a job with no benefits and everyone around me had them. When I got sick, I had to come to work or lose money we had to have. One day, a well-meaning employer said, "That's what sick days are for." Hmmpppph. I couldn't take sick days, and blessedly, I worked away from everyone so I didn't share the bug. I wish you had a week away from everything where you could just sleep and watch tv and eat bon bons.

B.R.M said...

I intentionally published your comment. You are so right. I needed to slow down and I needed to rest.

We all must take care of ourselves.

I am better than I used to be.. I try not to sweat the small stuff.

Lesson learned.