Thursday, March 14, 2013

I thought I was.....

Prepared.

Prepared for the next step or stage into Alzheimer World.

Who am I kidding?

It literally happens overnight. Mom is definitely weaker physically and is not as verbal. Though she can say some comment that is funny.

I want her going through her purse a dozen times and changing clothes more than that.

Then I feel selfish for enjoying the times she is quiet and sleeping. Guilt consumes me. I don't miss her fighting me over everything. But I miss the feisty mom. To get her moving I had to MAKE her dust. But she did it.


Dear Heavenly Father, I am tired, I am sad. I feel guilty for enjoying quiet times. You know how I feel about this disease. Please allow moments of clarity and physical strength. Thank you for the Cross.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry and I prayed your prayer with you. Thank the Lord for total healing one day. I love you.

A Candle to Read By said...

B, do you remember when our children were little? We were happy for their nap times. If we have some time for ourselves, that makes us better caregivers when they're awake. PLEASE set aside these feelings of guilt. They are really from the other side. Remember, God the Creator so valued rest for us that He gave us a day for it!