Friday, March 01, 2013

Mom

I am sad. Mom is declining.

It is more obvious this week. She is still mobile but her words are jumbled, scrambled, and way out there.

Now with this crazy disease of Alzheimer's - she could rally tomorrow. I hope.

Please pray...she fell today trying to sit down.

Tomorrow we are taking her to Bass Pro. I'm going to talk to management and see if they will let her do some kid stuff.

I want to know the purpose of this disease. The pain and heartbreak it brings seems endless.

I've been praying with her. Holding her and praying. This little woman who used to be so grouchy and mean when she was healthy...who was never affectionate holds on tight and wants me to tuck her in... who loves to have a bunch of kisses on her cheek. I just want to hold her tighter and turn back time.

On a lighter note...when I helped her get her pjs on she said "Becky don't mess up my hair." She smoothed her hair out and laid down. And reminded me she needs lipstick. Ha!

1 comment:

A Candle to Read By said...

The only explanations I can ever come up with for this disease and others like cancer go back to that terrible day in the Garden. Suffering surely makes the Cross even more beautiful . . .