Sunday, March 24, 2013

LAUGHTER....TRULY A GIFT....

Join me in a day..okay an hour of my life......

This afternoon - mom was restless - so I decided to get her out of the house.  I opened the garage - as mom and I were walking out the door - the dogs got out - I was trying to get the dogs and get mom either in the car or back in the house.......she opted for the car.

I take off to go find my mutts (when they are not doing what they are supposed to do - they are mutts - otherwise they are my babies)

I literally chase - run after them for a MILE.  And I am not athletic - however my former PE teachers would be proud. A nice lady notices me running after the dogs - she hops in her truck pulls up beside me and said - you catch them - I will give you a ride back.

I finally catch them.  (Barney could literally compete in jumping contests - he jumped boats, hydrants, etc) I get them in the car - remembering mom - I said " Oh no, I forgot my mother - she has Alzheimer's."  My rescuer said :"my mother has Alzheimer's too" - we bust  out laughing.  I have kindered spirit in the neighborhood - turns out I go to church with her sister.  Her nurse is friends with Melecia - in fact I gave her sister Melecia's number - for recommendations. I love how God works!

The run, the outing and the meeting of a new friend - made my day. And for some reason took away a lot of stress.

Mom enjoyed the outing. She ate a kids meal and pocketed the toy.

2 comments:

A Candle to Read By said...

How could this have been anything other than the Lord snatching away discouragement from the enemy and interjecting His peace and love?

Anonymous said...

This is so awesome! I love the way the Lord works! I hope you two keep in touch and the friendship grows and grows! Love you so much!