Thursday, August 23, 2012

"We'll fix it."

There are moments in mom's life where she has perfect clarity.  Or maybe in this case it was mother's instinct.

Allow me to give just a brief history. 

We are still dealing with one of our kids who is in a bit of trouble.  Disagreeing on how to handle, when to handle it, etc.  It is heartbreaking.

On Monday we received a THICK letter from the IRS saying we owe them $4,000!  What the heck? 
At this time I haven't really had time...and okay money to grocery shop.  I was robbing Peter to pay Paul. We are dealing with the kids dad and lack of child support - we have a court date coming.  So much is happening.   Steve and I were disagreeing on everything STRONGLY.

Monday night I was a basket case.  I just sat down in a chair-had my Bible right there - I was crying and praying - I thought mom was settled.

My little 82 year old Alzheimer' mother came up to me - put my face between her hands and said "Don't cry Becky, dont' cry. You do so much for others, you work so hard, you help us all out and we are all mean to you.  We will fix it.  Okay?  We will fix it."  She kissed my forehead and hugged me.

Well I just cried harder.  But good tears.  So thankful for that one moment of clarity.  I needed it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so thankful for a God who gave your Mom clarity for that moment. I bet she is thankful as well.