I have been thinking about this off and on through the night and morning.
Caregiving is not a burden. Is it exhausting? Is it frustrating? Is it emotionally depleting? Yes!!!!!! Am I perfect at it? No!!!! Do I make mistakes and lose my patience at times! Yes I do! I have much to learn and much to improve on. I've been told I don't have to be a martyr and that I don't a life.
What is caregiving? It is a ministry. A service. I read (a may have posted this already...I can't remember) in a book on caregiving that when you care for someone you should care for that person as if he or she are Jesus. We are made in His image.
Again, I do get tired and discouraged. I do make mistakes. But I know I am doing right...there may be a time in the future that I will need to make changes..and I will know God will let me know at the right time.
No comments:
Post a Comment