Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Real Folk

I love regular folk. No airs. What you see is what you get. I hope people see that with me. I'm pretty real.

Think about it....

God used regular folk. Think of the disciples. He used David. Abraham. Moses. Noah. Real!

His Son was born in a stable...No doors..open to all.,the shepherds were the first to hear the news..the ones on the bottom of the social chain... Real!

He could have been born in a palace with gold and guards. Making it impossible for visitors. But nope he came where it was easy for anyone to approach. Real!

Paul a man by his own admission had flaws. Peter who denied. Jonah who ran. Real people!

I say all this because we all should step up. Especially me! We don't need to be eloquent speakers, a clear soprano, a crafty sort who can draw or glue anything. All of us have a testimony. We can visit. Send a card. Help a neighbor, empty trashcans in church, encourage, the list is endless. But we should do it for God's glory. We should reflect Jesus and share His love. Share what God has done! Be real!

I know I'm not saying all this in the best way...but I'm thinking about The Cross and what it means to me. The Cross is real!

No comments: