UPDATES:
Yes, I know it has been a while since I have written. I have heard from many of you. Thanks for your concern! I have been snowed under. At home, work and with church activities. I have been and am so exhausted.
You should be proud, my Christmas cards are out, many with pictures - so, give me my gold star! (And just to give myself a pat on the back - I was addressing Christmas cards at 5:00 in the morning Friday morning!-either pat me on the back or knock some sense into me)
We are finished with the Christmas musical at church. Wow! The kids did great. Yesterday (Sat) at rehearsal, I was concerned, but tonight they blew me away - they looked and sounded great. All the kids are so sweet and I couldn't have been prouder. We sing again on Christmas Eve morning, and I can't think of a better way to start the day.
Friday, I had one of the best nights EVER!!!!!!. The kids and I went to my friend, D.C. and her daughter J's house. It was so much fun. We had a terrific dinner of pizza and cheese dip, sitting on the floor and couch talking and laughing. The kids did karoke, and I am pretty sure, they won't be on American Idol, but it was fun. God has richly blessed me with D.C., I know cannot imagine not knowing her. Her daughter (my future daughter-in-law - though the kids are not too sure about it, but hey, they're 8 - so what do they know?) is really sweet. She is so serious and sensitive. She takes everything to heart.
Saturday, whew, that was a busy day. Rehearsal at 10:00 in the morning. Grocery shopping, etc, then my daughter's Sunday School class had a progressive dinner - our house was appetizers - she then told me they had more fun at the other homes. (that will make you proud)
And because I am a glutton for punishment, I have been working on a slide show of the kids for all of 2006 - giving it as a gift to their dad and grandparents. Christmas shopping is almost complete - I just have to finish for my daughter. And a few odd and ends. That has been stressing me because our pay periods changed - THIS MONTH. Things are always tight, but now they are super tight. But we will get caught up in January. Whew. But thanks to my brother-in-law the some assembly required items are taken care of - not that I couldn't have done it - but he is 10 times more patient than me, who am I kidding? A 100 times more patient.
I will write more later..I have about 10 blogs in my head. So enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment