Mom vs 8 year old.
In one corner you have Mom. She's tired, she's worked all day. Her defenses are down, but she thinks she may have some fight left in her - but she doesn't want to fight, she has to pack lunches for tomorrow, get clothes ready for tomorrow, wash a load of clothes. But the fighting spirit is slowly creeping in.
In the other corner you have the 8 year old son. Full of sass and very feisty. Not too tired (yet), because he didn't do his homework, didn't take a bath or brush his teeth, and didn't pick up toys. He's ready. The whining starts..."I was just soooooo tired, it really isn't fair that I have to do everything when I am tired." (Tears start to fall)
Mom is not wavering, she steps forward, grabs son my his arm, puts him in chair. He does 1 math sheet (5 minutes), he read 2 stories and answers questions (10 minutes), and goes over spelling words (5 minutes). Now a quick bath and teeth are brushed (15 minutes), toys are picked up (yes he picked them - yes I know he thinks its not fair that I am not helping) 15 minutes.
Good night.
I am one mean mom.
But I still have the championship belt.
No comments:
Post a Comment