Monday, December 04, 2006

Today......

Today I feel lonely. I feel overwhelmed.

Today my daughter got sick at school - had to drive back to our area (hour drive) to take care of her. Then drive back to work because of a training thing I have to do.

As I mentioned before I forgot about a Christmas project for my son.

Tomorrow - dentist appointments. To find out my son will need braces.

I need to get home in time to take my son to a Christmas parade.

Then there is Christmas shopping. How to shop with no $. What to do. What to do. I am worried. Very worried. But it will be okay.

I know married couples struggle - no denying that - but it really is hard being a single parent. You just want to tell your kids and family, okay for the month of December, don't eat, don't get sick, don't use electricity and maybe just maybe I can get Christmas bought. And yes I know gifts and parties are not what it is about, but it still can get you down when things don't flow.

And I am lonely. I feel like I am swimming alone and the waves keep crashing. My heart is breaking and it hurts terribly. I am on the verge of tears - have been all day. Selfishly, I want someone to love me because he wants to. Someone who likes the person I am - warts and all.

Today is today. Tomorrow is tomorrow - all will be okay.

No comments: