Friday, December 01, 2006

MY DAUGHTER IS 14 TODAY

Today my daughter turns 14. Wow. She'll be dating and driving soon. (both of these will send me to therapy)

What can I say about her?

She is stubborn, but has a will that keeps her strong.

She is mouthy, but is confident enough to speak up for what she believes in politically and spiritually- for what is right and wrong.

She spends a very long time each day on hair and make-up - but she doesn't need too - she is beautiful.

She is funny - she loves jokes and has a quick wit.

She is loyal to her friends. Hurt them and you hurt her.

She is my champion - if someone upsets me or if she hears anything negative - she jumps out with gloves on - ready to fight for me.

She is smart - smarter than she gives herself credit for.

She is very confident and sure of herself.

She wakes up fast in the mornings - she is up and at 'em every morning.

When I am not around - she takes good care of her brother. Again defending him against the world. Only she is allowed to pick on him.

We have our "moments" when we argue and disagree. Where we don't even like each other.

We have our moments, curled up on the couch together, eating cookie dough and watching "Legally Blonde" or American Idol (though I swear I won't watch this year). We love to play "Word Womp" together - both of us itching to control the keyboard.

She wanted to hang out with me one day in October - just me and her. That was a gift - and fun.

She is the daughter God gave me 14 years ago. I love her so much.

Happy Birthday Girlie. I am proud of you.

Love Momma



No comments: