Friday, December 29, 2006

Oh - Christmas Tree.

Erma Bombeck once wrote, "nothing clears a room faster than saying It's time to take the tree down." How right she was.

Under duress my daughter helped in taking the tree down. (My son was at a friends house). I try to be neat and precise, wrapping the fragile ornaments up in tissue paper, the crafty ones in a different box to protect glue and paint. But my daughter doesn't have the sentimental attachment I seem to have to all the ornaments - I guess it comes with age. I insisted on wrapping the lights and garland so they wouldn't be tangled next year. The Nativity Set wrapped in paper and tissue, the village cushioned by cotton and plastic, stockings and other cloth items in a separate box-candles in the bottom of the china cabinet.

My daughter worked pretty diligently, then the computer distracted her. But she did help - thanks girlie! My son will come home to a different house. AWWWWW.

I want a new tree. Missouri Becky is trying to decide what to do about hers. I didn't get rid of mine this year - just in case there is no $ next year for a new one.

So now our house is free of the decorations, not even a stray bow is in sight. Seems kind of sad.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

God, can I come to your house? No sign of the Holidays sounds like Heaven. I am SICK SICK SICK of the holidays. I am so ready to move on already. I just want it all to go away.

Yeah, kind of weepy today, haven't seen Batman in almost 2 weeks and not bloody likely to see him till Thursday (if then, if not, it will be 2 *more* weeks) and I'm having withdraws.

Etzel Pangloss said...

Here in England it's traditional for the tree to remain until the 12th day of Christmas, that's the 6th of January!