A mom's viewpoint...
Mornings. Oh, how I love mornings. My son is not a morning person, it is literally a nightmare trying to get him moving. He is slow to wake up, he stumbles into the kitchen and picks up his chocolate milk(I see a future coffee addict). He heads straight to the recliner, where he will zone in and out of reality while trying to wake up. I finally see movement in his eyes, a quick grin, I have to act quickly. He grudgingly washes up, brushes hair and teeth and dresses, and zones out again.
My daughter, is quick to get up, hops right into the shower, but somehow between shampooing and going out the door to catch the bus, we lose 40 minutes on HAIR. She spends all this time on HAIR. I have always been a wash and go kind of gal, so I really don't understand. (yes I was this way even when I was a teen-now mind you I do like to cover up roots and the gray that is starting to sneak in).
Thankfully I have them lay out everything they plan to wear the night before - this saves us about 30 minutes for my daughter-because she will try on her outfit the night before, bend, twirl, stand, sit, jump to see how it all looks. And she will try on several outfits for just the right one, knowing full well, the one she doesn't pick, will be the one she will wear the next day. I guess it looks better on Tuesdays.
My son always "remembers" stuff a day late! Drives me insane.
No comments:
Post a Comment