Christmas Angels/Angel Tree Gifts
I cannot tell you how important these are. For those of you who don't know. Angel Trees are trees with the Christmas lists from children who may go without Christmas, were it not for someone picking that Angel from the tree. The ages and lists vary. It is both sweet and sad to read the lists. The kids usually don't ask for much. Most of them usually have necessities before wants on the list.
I have a personal interest in Angel Trees...for you see at one time my kids were on an Angel Tree. I was in the midst of a divorce, losing my home, my father was fighting Alzheimers and my son was sick. I just did not know what to do and how to do it. I was fortunate enough just to get food on the table week to week, much less worry about Christmas.
One day I hope to be able to help an Angel completely, but I am blessed to be part of Sunday School Class that has adopted a 12 year old girl. So, if you can, please adopt an Angel this year, whether you do it by yourself or as part of a group. Go above and beyond the list, think of books, funny pj's, games, a Bible.
And if you are parent and your child is on a list, please do not feel ashamed or feel like you have failed, you are doing the best you can. Don't give up. Keep on keeping on.
2 comments:
I like the idea of Angel Trees...
I didn't know ms. Becky.
Although we speak similar..., our worlds are .....very....
I hope you don't mind me reading your blog (if you do, i'll go away):
p.s. what is a funny pj?...
Etzel,
Funny PJ's are pajama's. The pj's with charcters on them are the best! Who doesn't want to wear Scooby Doo or Spongebob to bed at night?
Post a Comment