I started today with my morning routine, so I thought I would finish off with my night. And it has been a doozy. Homework with my son was a nightmare tonight, I thought we were leveling off, but needless to say I am very cruel in making him study.
My daughter rolled her eyes at me around the 10th time I reminded her to do her homework-so a type of violence was threatened-homework is finished. I am sure I just earned more points for mom of the year.
I have made chili (it has been on my mind and tastebuds since Missouri Becky wrote about chili in her blog), baked some cookies (call me Betty Crocker..well not really, they were from dough bought in the dairy section at Kroger), washed dishes, decorated the forgotten Christmas Bell (I am sure ours will look the best), made flash cards for spelling words, stepped on one GI Joe...ouch, and so on and so on. Talk about walking on the wild side.
Christmas parties at school. Well for my son anyway, they are to wrap a shoe box up, place 20 treats inside and they will distribute. Each child will bring up 20 things, that we as parents will throw away a week after they get them all.
My daughter's class has adopted a 10 year old for Christmas - her gift is to be soccer ball. That is good. I am glad they are doing that. I wish my son's class was doing something similar.
It is 7:30 but it feels like 11:30. I hope I sleep tonight. That would be good. I don't sleep anymore.
No comments:
Post a Comment