Sunday, February 03, 2013

Shattered glass....

Yesterday a lid from a long ago lost pot fell from the shelf I kept it--for just in case. It hasn't been used in a long time. It broke into what seemed 1000 pieces. I swept and swept. Extra work.

That lid has had me thinking. How often do we hold onto things mentally and emotionally? Holding onto them until the burden is too great and we shatter from the weight? I am so guilty of this. Instead of giving all to God as I say I will, I think He needs my help in carrying it. And like the pieces of glass I may find later with my foot, I will have pieces of anger, resentment, bitterness, lack of faith and trust that will leave small cuts and bruises. Or I allow them to accumulate until the burden seems too great.

I think I need to clean my shelves and my heart.

No comments: