Saturday, February 02, 2013

Hen Parties

Dedicated to Carla. Thank you for your wisdom, advice and friendship. One lady I know who stays away from hen parties.

Women are relational. I am. I care about people. I relate well to people.

I have a couple of friends I can vent too..with complete trust.

With my experiences at work I've seen the ugly side of women. I'm sure I haven't been a shining example at times.

I took mom to beauty shop today and heard two women husband bash for a good while.

Admittedly Steve and I have had ups and downs. In fact we've at times been a roller coaster ride. And I am all too quick to point fingers and criticize.But I want to take this time to list some of Steve's good qualities. In no certain order. I'm bragging.

1. He appreciates a clean house and home cooking.

2. He would choose time with me over others. (I let life get in the way!)

3. He is loyal to friends and coworkers.

4. He enjoys Andy Griffin shows.

5. He allows me to change the channel at night even if he is watching TV.

6. He loves his sons.

8. He loves Tori and Sam

9. He allowed us to move mom in. Though he teases her a lot.

10. He remembers dates.

11. He doesn't drink.

12. He is responsible

13. He loves his dad and brother.

14. I cannot tell you how many folks he has helped out with heating and air. Knowing there was no money.

15. He is protective.

16. He is saved.

17. He loves me

19. He works hard.

And there are many others!

2 comments:

A Candle to Read By said...

Becky, of all your posts I have read, this one resonates most with me. I think hen parties are terrible, and have led to many an unhappy home for everyone. Our husbands aren't perfect, but that means we're well suited, because we aren't perfect either! We are to be their "helpmeet" and their cheerleader! Thank you for sharing these thoughts.

Anonymous said...

I love this post too! :)