Sunday, February 17, 2013

A tad cleaner and more organized.....

I did manage to get some cleaning done and I did organize our closet.

I am taking to Goodwill a bunch of stuff from our closet and Sam's drawers.  I am hoping to prod Tori to do the same.

I have a few things I need to do before Thursday - pick up milk on Tuesday.  Mom has all her meals and lunch stuff for the week.  I may need to pick up some Rice Krispies to be sure.

Steve has this ugly (and he agrees it is ugly) VHS (yes VHS) cabinet full of movies I can honestly say he has not watched in the five years we have been married.  But he is clinging to that old thing.  I have it now hidden in our closet. Thank goodness!!!  He is not a pack rat - but he is holding onto these things.  Oh, well!

He did hang two sets of door blinds up.  He picked them up this week.  Mom had completely tore the other ones up - and they have been on the bottom of the list.  But it looks so much better.  I am so proud of them. 

So despite the bumps with mom, the day has ended up productive.  I am glad.  I woke up feeling pretty tough - and it leveled off about 1:00.

I do enjoy a clean house- but I surely don't stress like I used to,  I think it happened when mom started taking up about 85% of my day - surely folks understand, if my yard and house do not fit into the Better Homes and Gardens theme?  Surely I can get over obsessing about it. Dust will always be here - but time will not.


No comments: