I was on Hwy 51 south headed to work. Right in front of Ingram Micro.
I was listening to KLOVE when John and Sherry Rivers announced about the towers and they prayed. Cars were stopped along the highway-frozen in time it seemed.
None of us could work we just watched tv in the break room or on our computers.
1 comment:
I was the director at a daycare. It was so early, we still had most of the 2-5 year old kids in the big room. A parent came in and told us - we turned on the news. Watched the first plane fly into the Tower over and over - and then watched is horror as the second plane flew into the second tower. That is when I sent all the kids to their rooms and said no news on the tv in the rooms. Teachers and I took turns watching news and being with kids. We actually went into lockdown because no one knew what was happening - except that terrorists were attacking and Millington is the largest Naval land base. Johnna was 3 at the time and was able to draw an accurate picture on the 1 year anniversary of one tower burning as a plane flew into the second. (Picture was sent by daycare (different one) to New York City fireman on the one year anniversary. Etched in my mind and heart forever.
Post a Comment