Friday, September 28, 2012

Only One Empty Tomb.....

I had an interesting and challenging conversation with someone tonight. Or last night since it is 3:00 a.m.

I received a text saying how there is a smaller percentage of Christians overall in the world compared to the total of all other beliefs/religions. And that surely that Christians were not the only ones going to heaven.

I told the person that God makes His very existence known with the slightest breeze that one day even the rocks will cry out He is Lord. That Jesus came as man but was God in the flesh. That He lived 33 sinless years. That He took our punishment on The Cross.

We talked more.....

The person brought up Mohammed, Buddah and many others.

I said "yes they existed...but there is only one empty tomb."

I didn't hear anything else.

Do you know how much God loves you?

Go get your Bible and put your name in John 3:16. Read it over and over. Don't take this verse for granted. He loves you, loves me, all of us that much!





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So true - only one True Risen Lord! Thank you for the cross!

A Candle to Read By said...

As a history teacher, I think about scenes from History I would like to see. The one I would most like to see was the scene where Jesus stood before Mary Magdalene and called her by name. To see her face and His face--oh my goodness. We shall see His face--" . . .an empty grave is there to prove my Savior lives . . ."