Wednesday, February 28, 2007

What I learned from a beauty pageant.....

(My daughter entered her first beauty pageant this past week...it has been fun...busy...nerve racking....but definitely fun. For whatever reason this drew us closer together - I guess it was all the time we spent in the weeks up to the pageant)

Okay...now, back to "What I learned from a beauty pageant."

1) They don't make 14-15 year old girls like they used to! These girls could have been on the cover of Sports Illustrated Bathing Suit Issue. Good grief. Enough said.

2) Pedicures are necessary- I mean everyone looks at the toes.

3) Always have an extra pair of shoes with you.

4) Maybe even have a "back-up" dress - just in case. One contestant had to buy another dress hours before the pageant because her dress was ruined at the dry cleaners. Or take care of that detail about a week ahead of time.

5) Have your nails done the day before if at all possible!

6) Keep your hair as close to your natural style - you will feel more comfortable and most importantly more confident.

7) Make sure younger siblings know it is not good sportsmanship to yell out at the other contestants when his sister does not place. Said sister was fine - ready to enter next year.

8) Remember to have fun, fun!

No comments: