Shoe shopping. And don't forget the earrings.
Today we went shopping for shoes for my daughter. These shoes are to be worn with the dress she will be wearing in a local pageant. My goal was not to spend more on the shoes than I did the dress. Success! They are real pretty with two-inch heels. She has to practice walking in them, and remember they are not clogs, slides, or tennis shoes. It is taking some getting used to.
So, let's recap....we have the evening gown, the shoes and the earrings...the long, dangly kind. (We picked them up today) Now we need our intro/casual outfit. She tried on several today - and we will pick one up next pay day. We are also going to get an outfit for dress rehearsal...because I told her...you go in looking ready to win. Presentation and First Impressions are key. This is nerve racking for her. She has never competed before, so she has been practicing walking, answering questions, etc. I know I agreed to this whole pageant thing, but I am still unsure. I just don't know.
We have to sign up for tanning, get nails done, etc. Pageant is the last Saturday of this month. Whew. How do people do this all the time? Geesh!
Side note: My son was with us...let me tell you he was not into it...didn't even want to go into the stores with us. How funny.
No comments:
Post a Comment