Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Observations...


My make-up box. Why is it I had the following in my make-up box this morning? A G.I. Joe,
2 ink pens, a pencil, a CD belonging to my daughter, a crayon, wheels from a Hot Wheel car and
a rock. They weren't in there yesterday. Did I miss something?

The post office. In the post office I frequent, here are my choices for dropping off mail: Out of town, Local, Stamped and Metered. Now what if your mail is metered and out of town? Local and stamped? Stamped and out of town? Local and metered? I don't get it.

10 for $10. I like this kind of sale, but the other day at the store, I guess my cashier was new. The store had several items like this on sale. But being broke, I picked up 10 different items totalling $10. Hey, I had two bags of vegetables, eggs, bread, juice, lunch meat, cheese, and
so on. Threw her for a loop. Or maybe I was wrong. She didn't think I could do that. That I had to buy 10 of each item to receive the sale price. Even her manager could not make her understand. It went right over her head. She didn't even try scanning. Maybe she understands now.

Ketchup. Why is it Ketchup is a food group in my house. But my kids won't eat anything that has tomato sauce on top? (Meatloaf-casseroles, etc) (They'll eat spaghetti - I just can't make them understand)

Yogurt vs Milk. My daughter will eat yogurt but not drink milk. Says she is "allergic" - news to me. Go figure.

Child Support. Why is it in some families it cost $600 a month to raise a child, but $400 to raise two children-and lucky to receive that? Who decides the cost?

Movies. My sister lost a movie she rented. Why did the movie cost the rental store $50 but we can buy at Walmart for $19 or less. I told her just go buy them the movie. Same thing for some library books - I don't understand. (But how do you lose a movie?)

Christians. Why doesn't the press really stress that we had two Christian coaches in the Super Bowl? Two men in leadership positions not ashamed of their faith?

No comments: