Just smack on the blue eye shadow, the lipstick and give them a hug.
(just make sure your roots aren't showing!)
Yep that is how most women in the South handle the women they don't like or how they handle people who have hurt them. And I am guilty of it.
The theory behind this is all of us face people who have hurt us, embarrassed us, or just plain ticked us off. What better way than being nice to them, even if it is fake?
(Missouri Becky-your hat to your EX is a good example)
But Southern women do it best. Weddings, for example. Your son or daughter is getting married, you have an ex, he is with HER, the woman who is now stuck with him, because your glue was tired of holding on. You put on a killer dress, do your hair and makeup, and when you see her, you hug her and tell her she is looking good. (You must hold the bile back in your throat) Now she has to wonder, if you really meant to be nice or were you trying to "show-up" her in front of everyone. But needless to say, you have made the impression. (I don't speak from experience, but I am going on what friends have gone through)
The HEEYYYYY,(said in the best Southern Drawl-all my friends know I have one. And Missouri Becky has heard it) how are you? Followed by conversation, then a quick hug. This happens when you run into someone you are not expecting to see (say at TCBY when you are purchasing your weekly escape Chocolate Shake). The water is under the bridge, but still you just don't want to chit chat. And to be honest, though the water is under the bridge, down the river, and out into the sea, you just don't want to be friends, forgiveness and moving on is one thing, but you (okay me) just can't do the friendship thing. But hey, kids are involved, so please be cordial and respectful.
Oh, and where does the blue eyeshadow and lipstick fit in? Please, true southern women have at least one on all the time. Just like most of us are blonds (natural or loreal-we're blond!)
1 comment:
I am sure I short circuited some wires in his brain when I bought him that hat. And believe me it was a HUGE sacrifice. I had to spend my $$ on a hat of a driver I loath, to give to a man who has made my life miserable far longer than he should be allowed to.
But I did it. and in return, he's trying to be nice. And what he doesn't know (and I won't be posting on my blog, since friends of his (read:Spies) read it)I've been laughing at his attempts and how obviously uncomfortable it's making him.
This shit of it? It would make a great blog post and I just can't write about it.
You know what they say, keep your friends close, and your enemies closer.
Post a Comment