TONIGHT
Tonight I am lonely. I don't want to be single tonight.
I wonder why God has me in this place. I know He loves me and has not forgotten me-but tonight I hurt.
I just want a strong pair of arms and strong shoulders to hold me tonight and let me know it will be okay.
Am I meant to be single for the rest of my life? Does God have a man for me? Am I to wait until my kids are grown? Is this man a new person I've yet to meet? Or an old friend? Do I see him at the store? Church? Work? Library? The doctor's office? The park? Soccer field? Movie?
Will I be too cynical to ever marry? Too set in my ways marry?
Is God preparing me right now? Am I any closer than I was last week? Yesterday?
But tonight I am lonely, and I hurt.
No comments:
Post a Comment