This beauty pageant stuff...
Okay, I am new to this pageant stuff. But it is exhausting. For those of you who don't know, my daughter is competing in a local pageant. Needless to say it has been a learning experience from the minute we started.
She is tanning, thanks to a cousin who owns a tanning salon, at no cost - since she is only tanning for a few weeks. She had her eyebrows waxed. Next week, the day of the pageant, she will have her hair, nails and makeup done. The dresses are altered and ready to go.
But let me tell you something about teenage girls. They are so mean to each other. It is funny how they check each other out and give every girl the once over - some of them are down right snotty. Most of them catty toward each other. (Do women learn this at birth?)
Since I am new to this, I don't know the rules. Am I supposed to be nice to the other mothers, are we supposed to chat? Do I tell the other girls they are pretty? What am I supposed to wear the night of the pageant? Don't even let me tell you how I am obsessing that I am going "dateless/single." That is a whole other issue.
My daughter is practicing her walk, and we are going over different possible interview questions. Today was rehearsal - so they practiced, went over how to stand, walk, talk, etc.
I don't know about all this. But my daughter is having fun and that is what counts.
No comments:
Post a Comment