I often joke about needing a real vacation. One where you go and just don't' worry about anything. Where you know when you come home, you will still have money left over to pay bills and buy groceries. One where the phone doesn't ring every 5 minutes, a vacation where you are not pulled into 100 different directions.
This single mom does not see a vacation in her near future. But let me share my fantasy vacation(s).
My first vacation would be to take my kids somewhere...Universal Studios or even Disney (off season of course) for a few days. I would just like to be able to do this for my kids. I don't wont to worry about $ on this vacation either. (So obviously this is a dream)
And now my dream vacation.
No phones, computers, televisions, etc. And no kids for a few days. A radio would be fine. A stack of books. A claw foot tub, tons of candles, and rest. Oh, during the day I am sure I would do the tourist thing....maybe. I am thinking all of this would be in some mountain cabin, where there is a wrap around porch, surrounded by flowers-the scents blending together-sweet enough to be a perfume, and no one in sight. Of course this dream vacation of mine could change slightly if I were married. Maybe that is part of my dream vacation, being with someone who loves me.
Or maybe I could stay in a Bed and Breakfast. I have never stayed in one that would be cool.
I am not too sure about a cruise - I've heard too many things about them. However, if one came my way, I wouldn't turn it down.
I would like to visit New York-see a couple of Broadway shows and soak up the atmosphere. Do you think the folks in New York would know I was from Tennessee? (I am saying that because I have been told I have a real southern accent! Ha!)
I am just so tired lately. Mentally, emotionally, spiritually and physically tired. Drained past the point of exhaustion. I don't even sleep that great.
Vacation - it sounds so good right now.
No comments:
Post a Comment