Sunday, February 11, 2007

Hardened by life, softened by love. I just finished watching the last hour of OPEN RANGE. (a terrific movie by the way!) Kevin Costner's character, Charlie, was hardened by the life he led. His choices were not always the best, and toward the end he came to realize his life was empty. But he also realized he had something good in Sue (Annette Benning). He was softened by love. I decided I am somewhat hardened by life, slightly cynical (okay I am majorly cynical), but I am anxiously awaiting to be softened by love. I admit I have been in love - but burned badly. My heart broke to the point I didn't think I would make it through. In love in the recent past - to know that it was not meant to be. I would like to say I am ready for God to bring that person into my life. But am I? Will I be too hardened? Too cynical? Too mistrusting? Too bitter?

No comments: