I'm laying in bed listening to mom dust and mop. I'm reflecting. I'm like one of those year end TV shows that air a year in review special.
A year ago I was literally taking care of two houses..driving between ours and moms multiple times a day. Mom called me on the average of 15-20 times a day. I was more exhausted than I am today. And trust me - that is saying something. Though it is hard being a full time caregiver it is easier having mom with us. We don't worry about her being alone or wandering. She eats better and is stronger physically.
We are getting back on our feet after four years of taking hit after financial hit. This time last year we barely had money for groceries and gas. We have a long way to go..but it is better than last year. Pray as we work to qualify for a mortgage program that will reduce our mortgage. How wonderful that would be. As I was talking with a mortgage advisor, she said "I don't get it, I really don't. How have you made it? On paper it doesn't make sense." I told her very simply "God. That is how I explain it." She replied by saying " I can't enter that into a computer." I told her that it is all God. A side job would come in, a refund check, a gift card...God.
Tori and Sam are growing. Who am I kidding? Tori is 20.
My sister Judy and I are close again. After a few bumpy months. Sometimes you need space and silence. We talk everyday a couple times a day. My other sister and I though not as close do talk. Mom did things years ago that no one knew she did until last December when we were trying to make decisions. Everyone had to sort feelings and thoughts.
My marriage is definitely stronger. We both had scars and wounds. Then with arrows and darts coming from every direction I was beginning to wonder if we would make it to the next week. Arguments and hurtful words were common. Now they are less frequent. Steve has taken on a lot with mom moving in. It is not easy. I do love my guy.
God has provided sources for me to study, learn and grow from - when attending church regularly has not been possible.
God is good. He is faithful in the valley and on the mountain top.
!
1 comment:
He can trust you with the bad times and the good times, knowing you will glorify Him in both. Like you said, "Provision." ANd, provision comes in forms other than financial and meets needs other than monetary. God bless you all as you seek His help this week. J
Post a Comment