Tuesday, December 11, 2012
STOP SIGN
Last week I read an article on how to help with wandering. Wandering is a major concern with Alzheimer patients. A huge worry.
Friday night I cut out and laminated stop signs for every door and window in the house. Plus one for the stove and the microwave - that said HOT! The door signs say "Martha stay in! You are safe!"
The doors stay locked - but the stop signs seem to be relieving her frustration of locked doors and windows. And she sees the ones on the microwave and stove - even though we have child locks on them. It is a universal sign that seems to be working.
I don't know how long they will work. But anything to keep her from being frustrated. And for making my day just a little easier.
Update - she is feeling much much better. Praise the Lord! However her caregivers - aka - Melecia and I are fighting colds.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Provision.
Post a Comment