This past Saturday close to the time she was getting off, Tori met Ms. Sharon. It was obvious Ms. Sharon had Alzheimer's and was very confused. She drove a long way and ran out of gas.
I am so proud of my Tori - she stayed two hours after getting off work to sit with Ms. Sharon while her family drove to pick her up. I had the pleasure of spending the last 30 or so minutes with Tori and Ms. Sharon. She is retired Air Force and a retired Lab Tech from the VA Hospital. Her daughter and grandson pulled up and I saw on ther daughter's face all the emotions that I have felt over the past four years. She is jsut beginning on this journey and is trying to get help. She took all keys away and has no clue where she found the set she had. Her main issue is that she is 58 years old and is being told she is not old enough to receive assistance. Makes me sick. This sweet lady is a veteran and is sick, needs help.
I have said it before and I will say it again. I hate this disease..I see no purpose in it.
But to give you visual...here is Ms. Sharon - please pray for her and her family. They seem so sweet and loving.

No comments:
Post a Comment