Thursday, May 03, 2012

HAPPY TEARS

Yesterday after work I went to the grocery store to pick up a few things for mom and myself.  Well, I get to mom's - and I just wanted to cry.

Mom has never looked as good and healthy as she did yesterday.  The wonderful Home Health Care Provider - had mom exercise, walk. She ate three complete meals, took a bath, did her hair, makeup, etc.  I wish I had the words to adequately describe how I felt to see mom look so good and happy. She was laughing and joking. 

I have known for a long time- mom needed much more than I could give her.  I would struggle with guilt that I was failing her in some way - just doing the best I could - learning as we went along on this journey.  Wanting to do more - but not knowing how.  This time has been covered in prayer along with the person sent. God sent the right person at the right time.

I feel less stress.  I wish I could describe to you the worry that is not with me. Knowing mom is being taken care of so wonderfully.  Thank you to my dear friends for praying and for always being so supportive.  I am blessed to know you.  I may write a post shortly about you all!  :)

3 comments:

slcisco said...

Beautiful! I don't know you, but I have been praying for you and your family. We have dealt/are dealing with Alzheimer's in our family, but now at a very advanced stage. I'm glad you found the help you needed and the peace to accept it. May God continue to bless you.

B.R.M said...

Thank you!

Anonymous said...

You have done such a wonderful job. I love the way you tackle every challenge - sure you get down - but when you get back up - you are up and at 'em! A true Southern Women - facing battle in her flip flops!

Don't forget - she was able to look better quickly because of how great of a job you had done with her already!