Thursday, May 31, 2012

ALZHEIMER'S.....

To say that no two cases of Alzheimer's are alike would be an understatement.

My dad had it.  My mom has it.

Dad progressed so quickly.  Looking back I don't even know if his was actual Alzheimer's disease.  His sister had it also - she was more like mom.

Mom had two sisters with it - both so different from mom.  Sweet Aunt Evie - stayed so sweet and loving.  She would put on her lipstick and perfume every day for Uncle Estle.  Ever proper Aunt Bobbie - I wasn't around her as much....but I think she was about the same as Aunt Evie. 

I don't understand the disease.  I just have to learn to adapt to the things that happen because of it.  And love mom through it all.    God gives me energy and strength every step of the way.  Gives me grace when I don't deserve it - rest when I need it the most. 

No comments: